Independent tests by BSRIA demonstrate the improved performance of ThermaSkirt over radiators and under floor heating.
- Typically 13% better than radiators on conventional heating systems, and up to 25% on renewables
- RHI & Green Deal Compatible – enables renewables to be installed in existing buildings. (Winner at the National Heat Pump Awards 2012)
- Response times of a radiator, avoiding the over-heating problems of UFH
- Low water content – typically 1/2 to 1/3rd of a radiator, maximising the CoP of heat pumps etc.
- Rapid room heating – only on when required, and off when not
- All the heat into the room and not into the floor slab or structure
- Unaffected by the choice of floor covering, maximising performance
- All around radiant heat – no cooling convection currents and poor heat distribution
ThermaSkirt can help reduce your energy consumption, and thus your carbon footprint, inline with the government’s publication: "Code for Sustainable Homes - Technical Guide".
"The Thermal comfort temperature pictures show that model 3 (ThermaSkirt®) has the most uniform distribution and the most acceptable level amongst all situations".
|Radiator double convector type
(on exterior wall) producing 800w
Producing 800w at DT36°C
(even heat ±1.3°C)
|Quote & results taken from BSRIA test report 51397/1|
ThermaSkirt Comfort Temperature at 1.2m
Radiator Comfort Temperature at 1.2m
Taken from BSRIA independent tests, these temperature distribution videos demonstrate perfectly why ThermaSkirt uses less energy to make you feel comfortable.
Note the temperature graph at the side of the video, and that aqua green is around 21°C, and dark blue 15°C. Note the consistency and even heat distribution achieved by ThermaSkirt compared to radiators – whether under a window or on an internal wall.
Nothing feels like ThermaSkirt! As a result you feel warmer using less energy and your fuel costs are reduced by at least 13%.*
Animated rooms showing radiator & convection currents vs. ThermaSkirt even radiant heat
ThermaSkirt was proven to be the most efficient form of heating; offering the best uniform heat distribution, with only a 3% variation, compared to a radiator with a massive 13% variation.
Eliminating space stealing radiators can add £1,000s to your property value*, and if you’re a developer or house builder, make them easier to sell with no incentives.
Consider the following advantages to the home owner:
- Radiator free walls – create a feeling of more space
- Versatile room layout – place the furniture where you want
- Future proof – adaptable room layout for future occupants requirements
- Stain free wallpaper – no dust marks on the wall coverings or paintwork
- Removable top gasket – easy 1st decoration and simple re-decoration
- Detachable bottom cable cover – no trailing computer, speaker or data leads
- Trimmable bottom cover – easily profiled to suit uneven floors or surfaces
Consider the following advantages to developers and house builders:
- Clean lines improves saleability – no need for cashback, carpets or other incentives
- Even heat distribution gives better energy performance
- Works equally well with any floor construction or finish – no concerns as to performance as with UFH
- No warranty worries – ‘above ground’ installation ensure any mistakes easily corrected
There is a very simple reason why ThermaSkirt is being specified in hospitals, care homes, respite centres and special needs schools – because its safer.
Consider the following advantages compared to radiators and even LST (low surface temperature) radiators.
- Completely sealed system – nowhere for bugs such as MRSA or C.Difficile to hide and breed
- Simple cleaning – wipes down with normal cleaning materials (often when the floor is cleaned
- No sharp edges – exposed valves and metal edges are a significant cause of radiator injuries (see RoSPA table below)
- No trip or entanglement hazards – clear corridors and aisles eliminate the risk of collision
- Ligature free – no grilles or fixture points make it ideal for applications in sensitive areas
- Low surface temperature options – where circumstances require, surface temperature controls are available
- Maintenance Free – no need to strip down LST covers to comply with Association of HealthCare Cleaning Professional (AHCP) Guidelines
- Compatible with renewables such as air & ground source, biomass and solar thermal systems
- Listed in Green Deal Measures (Radiant Heating)
- Simple to fit even in retrofit applications – fitted in several 'Retrofit for the Future' projects
- Often uses existing radiator pipework
- Minimal disturbance to the property
- High & Low flow temperature capability for hard-to-heat properties with conventional boiler back up
- Thermostatic controls eligible for 5% VAT supplied/installed
What about the Economy & Environment?
If you can turn your thermostat down by 1°C, you could save up to 10% off your annual heating bills. Doesn't it make sense with today's high fuel costs and worries about global warming to consider the very best and latest technology?
If your room is warmed evenly all around and quickly from cold, you can have just enough heat when and where you want it.
With ThermaSkirt® you can turn the thermostat down and still feel warm and comfortable. Its payback time in terms of energy saving, space saving and labour saving can be measured in weeks, not years.
Finally, in the far distant future, when your ThermaSkirt® heating system has come to the end of it natural life, you will be comforted to know that the materials used are virtually 100% recyclable – so none of it need end up in a landfill site.
Indeed, who knows, it may even be used again in new DiscreteHeat products!
- Turning your boiler down 1.25°C can reduce your carbon emissions by 5%.
(Source: Sunday Times, January 2007 - Govt white paper on carbon emissions)
- ThermaSkirt does not rely on inefficient convection currents to move the heat around the room. ThermaSkirt radiates its warmth where you want it and at low level, effectively heating the room. Because its aluminium alloy is 5x more efficient than the steel in radiators at transmitting heat, virtually none of your valuable energy is wasted. As a result, you can often run whole houses at lower boiler temperatures and still comfortably heat your home. Running your boiler at 55°C can cut your carbon emissions by 80%!
(Source Sunday Times 28/01/07).
Better still the Regency OG is specifically designed to run at 40~50°C, ideal for renewable energy sources such as Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP) and Solar
Even distribution and rapid warm-up
Conventional radiator in operation
Hot spots at ceiling height
& erratic heat distribution
Underfloor heating in operation
Slow warm-up and cool down times
DiscreteHeat have designed software to compliment your plans for an eco friendly heating system.